The North Preschool Library is always a busy place to be. Each child visits the library once a week. In the library, students participate in story time, choose to color a picture, play an educational game, make a craft or play at the learning center. Students are able to choose a book to take home to read with their family. Students are only allowed to check out one book at a time. When they return a book on library day, they may check out a new one to take home.
Students are taught to care for their books in the following ways:
- Use gentle hands with books
- No food or drink near books
- No marking in library books
- Keep books away from pets and babies
- Keep books in a safe place at home
- Return books to the school library on library day
Parents/Guardians, it is an established expectation in Widefield District 3 that books that are damaged or books that are lost are the financial responsibility of the adult.